Check out these Maker Projects images:
Pataphysical Art Storm
Image by fabola
‘Twas a dark and stormy Saturday afternoon at Pataphysical Studios, but the doctors braved the pouring rain and came out in droves to make art together.
We celebrated Dr. Figurine’s birthday in style, with a nice apple pie and small gifts ranging from a DVD on how to play the theremin to a handmade wooden box and stock in the Mind Shaft Society.
We all sat around our Time Machine framework and had stimulating discussions about our next pataphysical invention — as well as our many related maker art projects:
• Dr. Rindbrain demonstrated the new remote-controlled lights for the Time Machine
• Dr. Fabio had his head examined after a rough encounter with a rose bush
• Dr. Canard prepared electronic supplies for students of the City of the Future class
• Drs. Figurine and Heatshrink started building a theremin together
• Drs. Really and Canard displayed an arted-up jug of ‘pataphysical water
• Drs. Canard and Fabio used a Ouija board to reach out to the spirit of Alfred Jarry
• Dr. Rindbrain painted another pair of shoes while discussing art with Dr. Zboon
• Dr. Fabio proposed ideas for the Time Machine controller, with the Ouija board as an example
• Drs. Figurine lit up the pataphysical flag pole with El Wire
A fine time was had by all and we kept learning from each other for the greater good.
Fire in the hole!
View more ‘Pataphysical photos: www.flickr.com/photos/fabola/albums/72157623637793277
Watch ‘Pataphysical videos: vimeo.com/album/3051039
Learn more about Pataphysical Studios: pataphysics.us/
Maker Club at Tam Makers
Image by fabola
Come make your own art, tech or woodworking project at Tam Makers!
Every week, we host a ‘Maker Club’, an open workshop for adults and teens in our makerspace at Tam High School. Club members like to ‘show and tell’ their latest projects, and bring their own materials to build new projects, with guidance from our staff and other community members.
Many of our members are experienced makers, who are happy to share what they know. Some of the cool maker projects we have built in our makerspace include a graceful robot spider, an eagle god with creepy eyes, an Arduino-powered garage opener, a Wifi server on a chip, and more.
If you are interested in creating your own maker project with the help of others, join our Maker Clubs!
View more photos of Maker Club:
View more photos of Tam Makers:
Learn more about Tam Makers: